Friday, March 14, 2014

Create Mixed Media's Zen Doodles: Oodles of Doodles Challenge

I wanted to get my entries into Create Mixed Media's Zen Doodles challenge at least a day early! I made it! I entered 9 Zentangle tiles today.


These are the tiles I entered. Now it's an anxious game of "wait and see" - "wait" while they decide which entries get accepted and "see" if any of mine are accepted for publication in the book.  

Similar to what I  created in week 1 of the 365 Days of Art Challenge. Made
a few small variations in it to fit the 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" tile. (See post dated Jan 7, 2014)

Almost identical to earlier design. I decided to do the bubbles in blue in,
instead of pencil so they would show up better. (See post dated July 2, 2013)

See scallop in post dated July 2 2013.

See fish in post dated Oct 4, 2013.

Made some variations to the design I did earlier. The earlier Zentangle divided the string
with arcs, creating an illusion of a circular pattern. This time, I drew overlapping circles
for the string. I changed a couple of the tangles as well. (See post dated June 12, 2013.)

I combined the calavera from week 9 of the art challenge (see post dated Mar 6, 2014
with the flowers around the calavera from week 8 (see post dated Feb 27, 2014). 

I also entered the three tiles that I posted yesterday for Week 10 of the 365 Days of Art challenge. You can see them here.

It was a challenge to re-do them at almost half the scale of the original size, but it was worth it on the chance that some of the them will be accepted for publication in F&W Media's new book: Zen Doodles: Oodles of Doodles.

Happy Doodling!



No comments:

Post a Comment