I googled Dia de los Muertos images for inspiration. I found a couple skull shapes that intrigued me and a couple of faces that were interesting. Unfortunately I only got a couple sketches finished of what I wanted to try.
|6" x 6" Three-quarters profile in Sakura black pen (0.1 micron) and pencil. I had some trouble with the neck vertebrae, clavicles, sternum, and ribs, but wanted to add these to make her more skeletal.|
|6" x 6" Calevera in Sakura black pen (0.1 micron and 0.8 micron) and pencil. I used a variety of tangle patterns, including ennies, copada,mooka, paisleys, and florz. I like skull shape for this one and had fun with it.|
I enjoyed the sketching more this week. I think I was able to relax better while sketching. I started another skull shape, but ran out of time for this blog to add it here. I did sketch another lady skeleton in profile, but was not happy at all with how she was turning out, so did not complete her. I think I'm well on my way for deciding what kind of skull I will do for the challenge. Now I can start experimenting with mixed-media methods.
Also, I will submit this design to F&W Media for their new book, Zen Doodle Oodles of Doodles call for entries. Need to hurry on that one, as the deadline is tomorrow!
Enjoy your week! Happy sketching!