Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week 1 of 365 Days of Art Challenge

I've joined Deb Prewitt of Blue Twig Studio for her 365 Days of Art Challenge. She is doing an inchies or twinchies everyday and a sketch or drawing for a weekly challenge. I'm doing the drawing or sketch weekly.  I finished my first sketch yesterday with a new Zentangle drawing.


Swirly Doodles. 6"x6" mixed media paper with pencil and Sakura 0.1 micron black pen.
 I enjoy drawing Zentangles, as they are very relaxing and just fun to do. They get my creativity flowing. I also enjoy being abstract with the doodling. I've been working hard at loosening up and Zentangles is great for that.

Deb's challenge will also help me be better at keeping up with my blog. I've been off line the last few months, as first my laptop dies, then my tablet died, and finally my husband's desktop computer's monitor went on the fritz. It worked, but you could barely see anything on it. So it was too hard to see what I was doing to use his computer. For Christmas, my son fixed my tablet, a friend installed a new hard drive on my laptop and we were able to get a new monitor for my husband's computer. Whoo-hoo! I'm back in business!! Thank you for being patient with me.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Zentangle. I love your piece here. Very organic looking. I tend to do those same types of curves and curls too. So much fun. And I'm glad you are participating in the bts365days challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete