Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week 7 365 Days of Art Challenge

Last Saturday was the second class at Jerry's Artarama to finish the leaves sketch that I started in Week 2 of the 365 Days of Art Challenge.. Unfortunately, I was unable to take this class, where we would  have used colored pencils to add color to the pen and ink sketch from the first class.  I went ahead and  finished it on my own, as I didn't want to wait until her next class in March! I've already waited long enough to add color!!


 #bts365days
Fall Leaves, 8 1/2" x 11", pen, ink, and colored pencil on 80 lb toned tan sketch paper. 

I found it was harder to achieve depth with the colored pencil, as the value was laid in with pen and ink. Although the instructor had told us in the first class that you can't add pen after adding the colored pencil, I had to find this out for myself.  I wish I had added some more pen marks in some areas to achieve more depth. By the time I realized that, I already had the colored pencil added - Oops! 

I have mixed feelings at this point about pen, ink, and colored pencil. I want to try pen, ink and watercolor, too. Then I can compare the two methods. More experiments and sketching!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing! Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonja, for your kind words. I love fall. Unfortunately, living in AZ, I don't get to see the riot of fall colors often.

      Delete