Thursday, June 19, 2014

Week 24 of 365 Days of Art Challenge

This week has just flown by. I'm late posting this week, as I've hardly been home for one reason or another. I did get some sketching done this week, for Deb Prewitt's 365 Days of Art Challenge weekly sketch. I continued with J. "Neon Dragon" Peffer's DragonArt Evolution exercises for drawing dragons (see last week's post for more information).

I'm starting the exercises for dragon limbs. This week I only got the basic limbs completed.

Basic Dragon Arm - graphite on mixed-media paper. 

Basic Dragon Leg - graphite on mixed-media paper.

Dragon with basic limbs - graphite on mixed-media paper. 

I didn't think I had done a very good job getting the basic shapes done, but was surprised how they turned out after photographing and uploading them to my computer. The underlying musculature shows up better than I thought it did. The dragon's stance is a different than any I've tried before. The proportions need some more work, but overall, I'm happy with it.  

I'm looking forward to finishing the rest of the limb exercises, because then Peffer concentrates on the different types of dragons for the rest of the exercises.  I may get out my colored pencils for those exercises. I may also try working in pen, after reading The Busy Mockingbird's blog this week on "Ballpoint Doodling".  She uses a ball-point pen (in various colors) for sketching. Her work is wonderful, if you haven't seen it before. I also love the sketching she does with her young daughter. 

Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. I am having some problems with connecting to your blog and even leaving comments lately. So now I can finally catch up with your wonderful art. You are one talented woman! i love your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments! I'm sorry you're having problems I'm going to contact Google, as Deb said she's had problems leaving comments at times.

      Delete