Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall Colors in Ohio

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. Especially in Ohio or upstate New York. The beautiful fall colors of hills aflame with reds, oranges, yellows, and greens. The crisp, cool mornings. It is one thing I really miss living in Arizona.

Thankfully, I got an opportunity this year to see some of the fall colors while visiting family in Ohio in October. The leaves haven't fallen yet, so the trees are full of color. My first few days are like an Indian summer, with days in the 60's to low 70's, while night-time temps fall to the 50's and even to the 40's. I love sleeping with the window open, listening to the crickets, locusts, and a few bullfrogs.

Today after church, Mom and Dad went with me driving around the countryside and into the edges of town to check out the colors. I was not disappointed.
Some of the colorful trees -elms, oaks, and maples -
around on the west side of Lima, Ohio.  

Brilliant red leaves on tree outside building where my father
taught automotive mechanics at Northwestern University in Lima, Ohio.

The crabapple trees were just loaded with fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment